1. I have just bought a new computer with the following specs
    3.00 Ghz Intel core 2 Duo
    ATI Radeon HD3870X2
    4gb DDR3 Ram
    500gb Hard driver
    Asus P5E3 Mobo
    650W Power Supply
    Windows Vista 64 bit

The while playing games such as Call of Duty 4 and World in Conflict I can play for about 5 mins to 30 mins then my computer would randomly shut off and restart.
    The weird thing is that it plays fine in other games like Crysis on high graphisc and I can play for hours and have no problems.
    The CPU tempearature is about 50-60C while playing and the GPU is about 70-80
    Does anyone know what the problem may be?
    Thanks
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,682   +153

Video drivers?
  3. dominati0n1

dominati0n1 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I have Catalyst 8.5 with the driver and I found out the other day that 8.6 was released. I got the latest display driver and it messed up my computer even more saying that there was no drivers installed at all :confused: and catalyst wouldnt open at all. So I just went back to 8.5 and it seems to work fine other than crashing
  4. dominati0n1

dominati0n1 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I have Catalyst 8.5 with the driver and I found out the other day that 8.6 was released. I got the latest display driver and it messed up my computer even more saying that there was no drivers installed at all :confused: and catalyst wouldnt open at all. So I just went back to 8.5 and it seems to work fine other than crashing
  5. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,682   +153

How about a bios update on the Asus Mobo?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.