TechSpot

Computer randomly freezes

By Osten
Mar 4, 2010
  1. Hello!

First, sorry for spelling errors etc, english isnt my native language :)

Having a problem i cant find a solution for.

What happens is: Everything just stops, my usb-keyboard turns itself off, mouse stops working, and only thing I can do, is reset/power button. The screen dont go black, though. I still have a picture on the screen of what i did when it crashed. The sound start looping aswell.

Strange thing is that if i`m playing a game, dont matter what game, it only freezes at loading screens. Never happened "ingame". If I`m idling in Win, watching a movie, browsing internet etc, it freezes after 5sec up to a few minutes.

The computer is 100% steady in safemode.

What i`ve tried so far: Reinstalled with both Win7 and Win-XP. Crashed on both clean installs before i even got close to installing any drivers. Changed to another harddrive, worked for 30mins or so, then freezed.

I`ve removed the CMOS to reset the BIOS. Didn`t work.

I`ve used a program called "Whocrashed" (i think), but that didnt show anything.
    I never get any Windows-error reports when i have restarted.

Specs are:

PSU: Chieftec 550w
    HK: Gigabyte Ga-p55m-ud2
    Ram: 2x 2gb corsair ddr3.
    CPU: Intel Core i5 750@2.67ghz
    Graphic card: Nvidia Geforce 9400 GT

If I have missed something that can help, please say so.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)
    Thanks

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.