TechSpot

Computer randomly freezing/restarting

By Shaun919
Nov 20, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Hi everyone i am having a big problem, it all started when i bought my computer about a year ago and ever since i first switched it on i have been having the same problems. My computer freezes or restarts itself randomly, there is no pattern. I have taken it back to the shop twice and both times they couldn't find a problem and it didn't freeze or restart itself once when they had it. I have been looking through the internet for answers but i can't find anything that work. I really have no idea what is wrong, i have tryed changing my devices like my mouse and keyboard, i have unpluuged it from the internet to see if that was the problem, i have also changed the power cable but still nothing is working. So please if anyone has any ideas about how to fix it please tell me because i am sick of having an unrealiable computer.

Edit: Finally my computer has been fixed, after over a year of the problem i have found out what was wrong with it. To anyone who has the same problem as me try checking your RAM, it was one of the last pieces i checked but it seemed to be the problem.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.