Computer randomly restarting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is driving me nuts and I'm running out of ideas on how to fix this...

My computer has been restarting randomly everytime that I try to use it. Sometimes I'm working on Windows and it restarts w/out notice or anything. After a period of restarting by itself, it won't even go past the Bios load-up. I tried everything... changed to a brand new power supply, brand new motherboard (thought the problem was the MB first, send the old one i had and the current one was from the RMA), new memory, and I just bought a new hard drive as well. I tried to boot up w/out the hard drive but no success, it was still restarting on its own. I installed the new hard drive w/out Windows and it still restarts...

I disabled the Auto-restart setting that you guys recommend but it doesn't give a BSOD. My computer is with a friend of mine right now so i can't check for minidumps. Does it give one if you don't get the BSOD?

Checked the memory with memtest and came out clean...

I forgot to mention that i switched the video card as well to see if it was that but no success. Did the same with the CPU...

Here are my settings:

Pentium 4 3.0ghz 800mhz FSB
MSI NEO-2 865PE Platinum Edition MB
120GB Barracuda SATA HD 7200RPM
Geforce Nvidia 6600GT
Sound Blaster Audigy Sound Card
Thermaltake XP-90C CPU cooler
BFG 650W (SLI ready) Power Supply w/ dual 12v rails (didn't have time to check the rails but it should be fine, plenty of power and it's a good power supply)

Temperatures also look fine, i have a good CPU cooler and also two fans blowing heat out.

I will try to check to see if i have any minidumps tomorrow when i get the computer back but in the mean time any other suggestion? It's frustrating really...

computer crashes-can someone read my dmp?

can be working or doing nothing at all and computer crashes and reboots itself...can someone pleaseeeeeeeeee look at my .dmp files??

Hi Renato
Are you on AOL? They recently introduced a facility where you log on and everything happens by itself until your e mail box opens.
Trouble is I was having trouble staying off line it didn't want me too!
BB
Seawitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back