Computer randomly shuts off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

Lately, my system has been randomly shutting off as if it loses power temporarily. The screen just goes black, and then the system boots back up. As far as I can tell, it only happens when my system is overclocked, but even then it is inconsistent. I had my i7 920 clocked to a simple 3.2 ghz and my gtx 275 clocked to 725/1650/1300, then ran folding clients (SMP and GPU2 respectively) on both of them for 8 hours with no problems. Then, I close down the clients, open up photoshop and bridge, and the system shuts down. I turned it back on and within five minutes it had shut off again. I have restored the bios to stock settings, and it appears to be running fine. Could this be a PSU problem? Or does this system just not like overclocking very much? Any advice is welcome.

Oh, also, I have been keeping an eye on my temps... According to Gigabyte's Easy Tune 6 program, the CPU temp has never gone above 45C and looking at EVGA Precision, the GPU temp usually sits in the mid-high 50s.

Problem

I no its silly to say but have you checked the heat sink and fan, make sure there is no dust on the fan.

And if that is not your problem check you ram it more likely to be either of them and last resort put your overclocking settings back to norm and check your power supply

Pc Doctor1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back