Computer Randomly Shutting Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeating

Hi,

Awhile ago i posted here about a processor problem i had; and i thought i fixed it.
For the most part its fixed, but i noticed that in my CPU / PCI Clock Control (BIOS) the setting 'CPU Host/SDRAM/PCI Clock' wasn't at the fastest speed it could be at, infact it was only on second fastest.

Right now its on 133.33/100/00/33.33
The setting i experimented with was 133.33/100.33/33.33

On the setting 133.33/100.33/33.33 my computer seemed a lot faster and smoother, but my computer randomly just shuts off. I found out that what triggers it to shut off mainly is gaming. Is their anyway to fix the shut off problem? why can my processor only run on the second highest setting fine, but not run the highest properly?

More info about my BIOS Cpu / PCI Clock Control setting:

Spread Spectrum is Disabled
Set Dimm Clock By: Is on Manual
Cpu Host CLock: 133Mhz (greyed out)

(click on system specs by my name to see my system specs)

the way to make it not to shut down would be to up the voltage to the processor but with the questions u are asking I am going to say if u mess with it u will burn the computer up so turn things back like they were and leave things like they were.

Playing with timing settings or trying to overclock is a sure way to burn your system out. I do not recommend this to anyone except to hobbyists and those that can afford replacement parts. This is not for the novice. While some may gain a little in performance, in my opinion it is not worth the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back