Computer reboots on its own

Status
Not open for further replies.

csba09

Hello,

I'm having a problem with my computer rebooting on its own. This usually happens when I am either playing a game or on the internet. The computer will just randomly reboot and I can't figure out why. I just installed Windows 7 64-bit. I checked my event viewer and I get an error message that classifies it as Event 41, Kernel-Power and says:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

I'm not sure exactly what the problem is. Please help.

Sounds like a corrupt OS install. at work we have pc's running winxp pro 32bit and i see pc's that randomly reboot on their own and say the system has recovered from a serious error. You might want to re-install win7 and test your hard drive to be sure it is good.

It seems this error occurs more than just when I'm playing games or on the internet. Trying to use Microsoft Excel today and the computer blue screened and just said that an unexpected error occurred and the system has shut down.

I just installed Windows 7 64-bit last week. Everything was working fine with WinXP, never had this problem. So, I'm pretty sure my hard drive is fine.

Reinstall win7 is your best bet. what version are you using with the 64bit OS? Home..ultimate...

I've run all sorts of scans...anti-virus, chkdsk, anti-malware/spyware, registry cleaners and none of them found any problems. I'm still stumped as to what the problem is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back