Computer reboots while playing Guild Wars 2

Nomaq

Hi all,

I am trying to work out if there is something wrong with my PC or something wrong with the game Guild Wars 2. While playing this game the computer screen will flash a pink/purple and my computer reboots itself, additionally just as it reboots I'll hear a strange sound in my headset almost like a buzzing noise. The odd thing is, I've taken it in to the store and they've ran all the memory / video card stress tests and it was completely fine (it's less than a year old still under warranty, they wont replace anything unless it is actually hardware failing and not the game causing it). While playing the game temp levels are completely normal too, and I bought a new case to further improve cooling just to be sure. The problem persists.

I have an ASUS motherboard
Intel core i7-2600 @ 3.40GHZ
8.00 GB of Ram
GTX 570's in SLI

If any of you talented Tech Spot people could please help me to conclude this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

If it is the game itself I can pass the information on to ArenaNet to fix the issue and put an end to my frustration.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• minidump files.zip
    421.8 KB · Views: 2
I doubt it's the game as there are millions playing it and I'm sure at least thousands with a rig similar to yours. When the game crashes you have the option to have it verify all the files on next launch. Are you choosing to do that?

The minidumps show a problem with your Nvidia video driver. Are you over-clocking? Do you have the latest Nvidia driver installed?

It's not overclocked or tampered with at all. I've tried different drivers (including beta drivers) and same issue. There are a few forum posts with others having similar issues out there.

Did you get the motherboard drivers from a CD or from the ASUS support website? Were the Nvidia drivers downloaded from the Nvidia support website?

"If it is the game itself I can pass the information on to ArenaNet to fix the issue and put an end to my frustration"... Do other games play without issues?

Other games are fine (bf3 sc2 diablo 3, max payne 3 etc) crashing never happened before gw2.

I haven't tried without SLI. But really should be able to utilise both cards ?

Guild Wars 2 supports SLI, I don't want to be forced to have to use only one of my cards and decrease my FPS... Other people are running the game fine in SLI. There must be a better solution.

You don't really understand how troubleshooting works do you :S

Good luck with it.

Take one of your cards out. See if the problem persist. This way you can find out if it's sli. You could try just disabling sli through Nvidea control panel.

Guild Wars 2 supports SLI, I don't want to be forced to have to use only one of my cards and decrease my FPS...

I don't think it's being posed as a solution - just part of the troubleshooting process. Try with one card, if it works try with the other card. If you're going to come here for help you've got to be willing to try some of the suggestions, otherwise you're just asking and then saying nevermind, I was only here to waste your time.

I hate to necro this thread, but I found it by googling my issue. I have the exact same PC set up as the OP (can't confirm the motherboard though) and I have the exact same problem with Guild Wars 2. I do not have any issues running other games like Planetside 2, Diablo 3, SWTOR for very long periods of time. I have run stress tests and my temps are all fine. The game will crash my entire computer with either a pink or black screen and looping sound. Sometimes the display driver will recover and allow me to continue playing, other times I have to manually restart. The usual replies to these kinds of threads are "this is obviously a hardware issue, replace your PSU or GPU or get some better fans", but I find that very hard to believe when I've never experienced these issues in any other setting besides playing GW2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I confirmed that my motherboard is also an ASUS, so we are using an identical setup.

Back