TechSpot

Computer repaired now getting BSODs, freezes and restarts

By Cori M
Feb 21, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hi Everyone! I just had my dell XPS repaired for $600 ..(new ram, hard drives..windows 7 installed, etc) Ever since I got it back, I have had issues. I first noticed it when playing WOW..my screen would get totally filled with scrambled 'blocks'..for a lack of a better term. My computer completely freezes at that point, and I have to do a hard shut down. A couple days later, I noticed I would sometimes get notices that my computer shut down unexpectedly whilst it was idle. I have also been getting bsods, at random intervals. I'm not overly technical..but I have ran SpeedFan to check the temp, and sometimes it does read it's getting warm.. I tried putting a fan towards the computer, but this hasn't helped. I am including a few of the random .dmp files I have. If someone could give me a hint as to what is goin' on, I would definitely appreciate it.. I'm really not happy, having just spent so much to get it repaired and having it act worse now than it did before. :(

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,840   +165

Do you see any yellow exclamation points in the device manager?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.