Computer restarting after 1 second being on

Good day everyone,

I have this issue with my 6 month old custom built computer that seems to have been progressing in the past week. I moved houses and plugged my computer directly into the wall of my new home and the next day i turned on the computer it got through the CMOS and when the "loading hardrive screen" came up there would be nothing but a black screen then it would restart and get stuck in a loop. After restarting 5-6 times like this the computer would go through the normal boot sequence just fine and i would have no issues thereafter. About 5 days of this went by until i turned on the computer this morning and it would power everything up (fans spinning, lights on etc..) and restart right away... nothing would show up on the screen almost as if it had no time to display anything (if it helps the computer wont instantly restart it will remain off for approx 5-6 seconds before starting again). I then started going through the internet looking for possible solutions and went through them... so far i have done these things with no avail:

1- Checked all the fans and made sure they were spinning properly (they were)
2- Checked all the connectors to make sure none of them were damaged or loose (all fine)
3- Checked the CPU for damage (its fine)
4- Cleared all the dust from everything to make sure the dust wasnt shorting anything (no change)
5- Took all of the RAM out and put 1 stick back in 1 after the other in first slot only also checked for damage (no change)
6- Disconnected everything except the power supply, 1 stick of RAM, and CPU (no change)
7- Tried looking for another power supply to try and "Boost" the motherboard and see if anything would come of that (still looking)
8- Assumed the hard drive is working somewhat due to not being able to test it and that the CMOS isnt starting and that kind of pins it down to a motherboard/power supply issue
9- Reset CMOS by removing the battery (no change)
10- Made sure all of these steps were done with the case securely closed

These are my specs:

1 x Intel Core i7-2600K Quad-Core Socket LGA1155, 3.40Ghz, 8MB L3 Cache, 32nm
1 x Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3 Socket 1155 Intel P67 Chipset CrossfireX/2-Way SLI Dual-Channel DDR3 2133/1866/1600/1333/1066Mhz 2x PCI-Express 2.0 GigaLAN 7.1-CH HD Audio 4x SATA 6.0Gb/s 2x SATA 6.0Gb/s 4x SATA 3.0Gb/s 14x USB 2.0, 5x USB 3.0 IEEE 1394a ATX
2 x Mushkin Blackline 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 2000MHz CL7 DIMM
1 x Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB SATA3 6Gb/s 64MB Cache Hard Drive (OEM)
1 x ASUS PCE-N13, Wireless N PCI-Express Adapter $29.99 $29.99
1 x Zotac GeForce GTX 570 1280MB nVidia GeForce GTX 570 Chipset (732Mhz) 1280MB GDDR5 3800Mhz Dual Display DVI/Mini-HDMI/Display Port PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card
2 x Sony AD-7260S-0B Black SATA DVD Writer 24x DVD-/+R 48x CD-R
1 x Cooler Master HAF 912 Mid Tower ATX Case
2 x Arctic Cooling Arctic F12 Pro PWM 120mm Low Noise Case Fan
1 x Cooler Master Silent Pro M1000 Modular 1000W Power Supply

All the parts are only 6 months old and im trying to avoid buying new parts or replacing them with warranty (as it will take forever to receive them). Any ideas as to what the problem could be would be greatly appreciated! Sorry for the long read :p

The progressive nature of the problem does seem to be indicative of a harddrive dying. Has it been making strange clicking sounds or not spinning up? If so its def terminally ill. I would try taking it out and putting it in another computer to see if it's still working. What seems odd to me is the constant restarting without giving any sort of error messages. That would make me think it's a motherboard issue.

i have taken out the hdd and threw it into another computer and did some tests.. and its totally fine. im now suspecting that the mother board is the issue as i did more research and found that this board in perticulur is known for having this issue and it seems the bios is the culprit, im going to run more tests on it and try and get it to run to at least the bios so i can update it

Back