computer restarting during games

Status
Not open for further replies.

totalbadness

yes i'm pissed.... multiplayer is very fun...

so here it goes....

don't know much about comps... just enugh to seperate me from non gamers....

my friend built my computer... and no other time than when i'm playing games does my computer completely restart on me...

--what drivers do i need to download (graphics and sound)

--i've already set my comp to best performance

--any other tips you can suggest?

thank you very much...
going to work...
may not re-reply right away...
thanks....
taylor

wat is de problem of yo computer explain.wat comes on yo screen b4 restarting?wat is de spec of yo PC?wat video card do u use?This wil help us knw where/what to troubleshoot.R

It always helps all here on the board when you post a problem to state the componets in your computer.

And when this problem started........I have seen in my many years that it could be a number of things at the root cause.......from a power supply to a bad stick of memory to a dirty overheating cpu and graphics card.

The best way to find the problem is to elimate things as the cause.
Like have you installed any programs or drivers lately.

Hey!althugh am a roorkie here but from my own expirience can suggest u to check out 3 things :
1.check the temprature at which ur GPU/CPU goes while playing games , an over heated system is automatically rebooted, manytimes. you may need SpeedFan for it.download it, its a freeware.
2.Although very rare but it happened with me, check wheather you have enabled DMA acess to drives or not???
3. and as Lars7 said you must obsserve wheather an driver update lead you to this situation??

robin_bga said:
wat is de problem of yo computer explain.wat comes on yo screen b4 restarting?wat is de spec of yo PC?wat video card do u use?This wil help us knw where/what to troubleshoot.R

hmm.....lucky I am not a mod on this site, this post would be deleted for poor grammar! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back