Computer restarting help

AmazingBanana

Hello, I am new to the forums, and would love to get some help from you all.

So recently, my computer has been restarting itself, and I have no idea why. I have recently downloaded a game, Borderlands, from Steam, and have been playing it. The restarts started when I started playing. I've run multiple virus scans, preformed system restores, and nothing has seemed to work. I've even given my game access to my antivirus, and I've taken the computer apart and cleaned it. Any help on why it is doing this and what I can do to fix it would be much appreciated.

Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-2600 CPU @3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
RAM: 8 GB
System type: 64-bit
Model: h8-1124

Do you need any other information?

"I've run multiple virus scans, preformed system restores, and nothing has seemed to work"...

You have a hardware issue, but without posting the results of the memory and hard drive tests, it is harder to begin... What type of video card do you have installed. ow many watts is your power supply (make and model number)?

It looks like it's a 300W power supply, model number PS-6301-4. The video card is HD Radeon 6570. On a related note, my computer just gave me a message saying that my .Net Framework was experiencing and error, and I needed to download an update, except when I go to update it, it says I must use turn windows feature on or off in the control panel. Where do I go from here?

The .Net error is from a client I have on my computer for video games. It says it is having a problem with the antivirus, so I made it a trusted file, so they won't clash anymore.

Windows 7 right? Go to Windows Update under "All Programs" and run it. Download and install everything it finds, including the optional updates. If an update won't install, restart the computer and run Windows Update again. Even if it says no updates found, try running Windows Update once more

The .Net error is from a client I have on my computer for video games. It says it is having a problem with the antivirus, so I made it a trusted file, so they won't clash anymore.

So what antivirus program are you running? This is the .Net error you are still getting?

You were taking about programs interfering with each other. You should turn off automatically restart in System, Advanced System Settings, advanced, Startup and Recovery, then post any minidumps. The link I posted will tell you how

The file shows no information at all... Is the computer a custom build or did you buy it already built like an HP or Dell? Does it have an Asus motherboard?

See if you can use HP recovery software to perform a "factory restore". It should be easy to do because of the PC's age

Back