Computer Restarting, no clue

Status
Not open for further replies.

seleven

Hey there,

My computer is relatively new. Dual core 2.6 4gig ram 550 watt Gigabyte MOBO 8800gt built January 08

Anyway, everyfew months my computer would just randomly restart.. it would go fine for about 1-2 months than randomly restart once or twice. Now, recently my computer will restart within 5min-15min. I have already reformatted and it still does this.. any issues anyone?

will event viewer reveal anything? i doint know about that...

aalso wanted to note that going into setting and changing it so it shows BSOD dosent work either. Computer completely restarts it self

Well confirm any specific events in Event Viewer (as stated by CCT)
You are able to get to Event Viewer by clicking on Start->Run-> eventvwr.msc

Have a look for and Minidumps created and then attach them
attach.gif
here in a new reply
You are able to get to the Minidump folder by clicking on Start->Run-> %windir%\Minidump

Many seemingly hardware related issues can be caused by faulty drivers
Go to your Computer's or Motherboard's support page, and confirm all drivers are up to date

Many seemingly hardware related issues can be caused by software (such as Norton)
Try uninstalling any highly intensive software packages or virtual softwares

This can be a fault with your Ram (faulty ram can cause many varied issues)
Please run Memtest on your Ram

Otherwise this can be a faulty connection, or even just one hardware component
Have a look at Benchtesting your motherboard

By the way, even though your Power Supply may work it could still be faulty (due to incorrect voltages)
You could test with a known working PowerSupply.

There you go, that will do for a start

thx kim

i did most of that and for some reason it still restarts.

i have already reformated/ updated drivers which i thought was the major issue. My fans are all working and temps are normal but 1 thing that i found that delayed the restarts was...

when i removed the battery from the MOBO and did a reset on that, my computer was able to run clean for around 12 hours but after a day it began the same old restarting crap...

another symptom is after i shut it down for a night, whenever i try to power the computer back on, it dosent respond when i press the power button and i have to pull the power plug out and repeat it till it works. Also sometime when i restarts, the computer ends up stalling.

For example when you start your car it revs up then idles... for me it stays reved so the fans keep spinning and nothings happens.

thx for your help and i hope that can give you any leads as to whats going on.

Well i think i know what may be the problem... a stupid POS mobo.

I recently looked up my old mobo reviews because when i bought it at the time i didint really think much of it since it was new looked good best piece (u know). Turns out that it randomly reboots and is a regular problem.

GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...=False&VendorMark=&Keywords=(keywords)&Page=2

any confirmation?

You would need to contact Gigabyte on this

There may be a Bios update
Are you using the latest Bios update?

hell my computer cant even turn on anymore =\ imusing my old comp damn how sad first time something has ever broke down on me :{{

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back