Computer Restarts ALONE: FREEZES *HELP*

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD2003

HELP: Computer Restarts ALONE: FREEZES *HELP*

Hi,

Well, I have a computer that has been giving me some small problems... The PC works fine but only while I am using it. If I leave it on by itself for about 15 minutes, sometimes more, sometimes less... it freezes and I have to click the reset button to restart! I don't know why it's doing this.

Another problem is, sometimes I can be doing anything on the PC and the screen turns black and restarts on its own for no reason.. well, there's is one but that's why Im posting this.. :) I believe the problem has to be related to the freezing but I don't know what! .. Can it be the HDD, OS, or is it Power Failure? Please help!

Thanks in advance,
JD2003

Specs:

[939-pin] AMD® Athlon-64 X2 3800+ CPU w/ Hyper Transport Technology

Asus A8N5X nForce4 Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0 PCI-E Motherboard

Memory 1024 MB [512MB X2] DDR-400 PC3200

[PCI-Express 16x] Nvidia Geforce 6200 with TurboCache Supporting 256MB w/DVI + TV Out Video

200 GB HARD DRIVE [Serial-ATA-II, 3Gb, 7200 RPM, 8M Cache]

With 450w power supply..

1234ff.jpg

I click on "CLICK HERE" to see more details and this pops up:

1234gg.jpg

I click on

Edit:

After the PC shuts off and turns on itself, when Windows loads this comes up:

I think you are overclocking your hardware. If your not, your hardware may be defective. 9c means hardware failure, such as processor, RAM, or hard drive(although i dont think its possible to overclock a harddrive, im just pointing out that it is critical hardware) Try turning overclocking off, even if you never enabled that, some viruses/bugs and other nasties can change those settings(mine does that all the time)

sw123 said:
I think you are overclocking your hardware. If your not, your hardware may be defective. 9c means hardware failure, such as processor, RAM, or hard drive(although i dont think its possible to overclock a harddrive, im just pointing out that it is critical hardware) Try turning overclocking off, even if you never enabled that, some viruses/bugs and other nasties can change those settings(mine does that all the time)

Hi sw123.

JD2003 has another thread running for this problem.

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic46661.html

JD2003. Please don`t post multiple threads for the same problem. Thanks.

Regards Howard :)

I believe it is you power supply. I am having the same exact problem as you right now and have checked with a couple people and they say my power supply is somewhat bad ( good enough to start my computer, bad enough to randomly shut down and give errors such as yours ). I will be getting a new PSU in a week or so and i will tell you if it fixes it for me =)

Sad to say but my power supply did not fix this. One of my memory sticks went bad and took it out and computer is running fine (well except for a few different things that are now wrong) but it is not freezing,locking up for me any more so i would advise to check ur memory out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back