Computer Restarts During Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

souton

when i play my games, usually counter-strike.. my computer restarts in the middle of a game.. also when i load hl2, my pc restarts.. can anyone help me?

here are my specs:

amd athlon xp 2600+ [2.13ghz qs] 333fsb
[currently at 1.25ghz and don't know why :confused:]
430 watt power supply
msi kt4vl via-kt400 ddr400 w/ 10/100 lan, usb 2.0 + 8x agp
corsair 1.50gb ddr-400 pc3200 mhz
nvidia msi geforce 6800 gt 256mb
creative lab sound blaster audigy 5.1 x-gamer

There are several reason for this sort of behaviour...

First off is a bsod, but that your system is set to reboot instead of showing it...
If you do the following steps, you should get a proper bsod with info on what caused it:
1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
2. Click the Advanced tab.
3. Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings to open the Startup and Recovery dialog box.
4. Clear the Automatically restart check box, and click OK the necessary number of times.
5. Restart your computer for the settings to take effect.

Or your system could be overheating...
You can download a tool, Samurize for instance, which'll monitor the heat temp and output it to a file which you can check after the reboot. You can also check manually in the BIOS after the reboot, but that is a lot more hassle...

After you've done this (turned of automatic reboot and installed a heat monitor), post back the information you get when the crash occurs, and we'll have a better chance of pinpointing what's the cause...

I'm having a similar problem with my computer while playing Operation Flashpoint. I get a blue screen with this error: (0x0000008e, 0x805674c7, 0xee0d7c54, 0x00000000) then I'm forced to restart.

my problem was my memory, i had a gig and 512 stick.. when i took the 512 out i have no more computer problems and im now back to my regular ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back