Computer Restarts During Game

By souton
Jan 12, 2005
  1. when i play my games, usually counter-strike.. my computer restarts in the middle of a game.. also when i load hl2, my pc restarts.. can anyone help me?

here are my specs:

amd athlon xp 2600+ [2.13ghz qs] 333fsb
    [currently at 1.25ghz and don't know why :confused:]
    430 watt power supply
    msi kt4vl via-kt400 ddr400 w/ 10/100 lan, usb 2.0 + 8x agp
    corsair 1.50gb ddr-400 pc3200 mhz
    nvidia msi geforce 6800 gt 256mb
    creative lab sound blaster audigy 5.1 x-gamer
  2. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,512

There are several reason for this sort of behaviour...

First off is a bsod, but that your system is set to reboot instead of showing it...
    If you do the following steps, you should get a proper bsod with info on what caused it:
    Or your system could be overheating...
    You can download a tool, Samurize for instance, which'll monitor the heat temp and output it to a file which you can check after the reboot. You can also check manually in the BIOS after the reboot, but that is a lot more hassle...

After you've done this (turned of automatic reboot and installed a heat monitor), post back the information you get when the crash occurs, and we'll have a better chance of pinpointing what's the cause...
  3. Out4Bl00d1

Out4Bl00d1 TS Rookie

I'm having a similar problem with my computer while playing Operation Flashpoint. I get a blue screen with this error: (0x0000008e, 0x805674c7, 0xee0d7c54, 0x00000000) then I'm forced to restart.
  4. souton

souton TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 106

my problem was my memory, i had a gig and 512 stick.. when i took the 512 out i have no more computer problems and im now back to my regular ghz
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.