TechSpot

Computer Restarts During Game

By souton
Jan 12, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. when i play my games, usually counter-strike.. my computer restarts in the middle of a game.. also when i load hl2, my pc restarts.. can anyone help me?

here are my specs:

amd athlon xp 2600+ [2.13ghz qs] 333fsb
    [currently at 1.25ghz and don't know why :confused:]
    430 watt power supply
    msi kt4vl via-kt400 ddr400 w/ 10/100 lan, usb 2.0 + 8x agp
    corsair 1.50gb ddr-400 pc3200 mhz
    nvidia msi geforce 6800 gt 256mb
    creative lab sound blaster audigy 5.1 x-gamer
  2. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,802

There are several reason for this sort of behaviour...

First off is a bsod, but that your system is set to reboot instead of showing it...
    If you do the following steps, you should get a proper bsod with info on what caused it:
    Or your system could be overheating...
    You can download a tool, Samurize for instance, which'll monitor the heat temp and output it to a file which you can check after the reboot. You can also check manually in the BIOS after the reboot, but that is a lot more hassle...

After you've done this (turned of automatic reboot and installed a heat monitor), post back the information you get when the crash occurs, and we'll have a better chance of pinpointing what's the cause...
  3. Out4Bl00d1

Out4Bl00d1 TS Rookie

I'm having a similar problem with my computer while playing Operation Flashpoint. I get a blue screen with this error: (0x0000008e, 0x805674c7, 0xee0d7c54, 0x00000000) then I'm forced to restart.
  4. souton

souton TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 164

my problem was my memory, i had a gig and 512 stick.. when i took the 512 out i have no more computer problems and im now back to my regular ghz
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.