TechSpot

Computer restarts randomly, blue screen error follows.

By newtofu
Aug 10, 2006
  1. View attachment Mini080206-01.dmp

I'm having problems with my computer restarting randomly, and i just removed the automatic restart option from the system failure section from My Computer. I attached the blue screen error that i soon recieved, and i'm wondering if anyone has any advice on what my problem is.

If further information needs to be posted, please remind me to do so. thank you :)

2. fastco

fastco TS Rookie Posts: 1,511

Hi, Nothing is attached, go to your c:/windows/minidumps folder, zip up a few minidumps and attach them to this thread and we will take a look at them.

3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your minidump crashes at win32k.sys. This is the Windows Multi-User Win32 Driver. It has a bugcheck of C000026B.

C000026B STATUS_DLL_INIT_FAILED_LOGOFF. I`ve not seen this bugcheck code before and have no idea what it means. I suspect it`s something to do with a corrupt .dll file.

Can you attach 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps, then we can check to see if the crashes are consistant.

In the meantime, you might want to go HERE and follow the instructions.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.