Computer Restarts to Blue Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
It happens about 2-3 times a day, my computer will restart displaying a blue screen error. I do believe it has to do with my drivers but I dont have any idea how to fix this. I will attach some recent minidumos that hopefully will help you guys find out what is wrong.

One error is 0x8E and these are almost always caused by hardware issues though sometimes by drivers. The driver cited is nv4_disp.dll which is an Nvidia display driver.

You may need to update your Nvidia drivers but before doing so I would first take care ofthe following.

Your other four dump errors are 0xD1and these are caused by faulty drivers or buggy software. The driver cited in all four is nvata.sys a Nvidia sata/raid driver and is a known issue. Try updating this driver from your mobo manufacturers website.

If you decide to go ahead and update your Nvidia video card drivers then do these steps:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro (free version) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

* Get back to us with the results after you update. One more thing, if need be please Zip multi-minidump files together (up to five) and not individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back