Computer says connected but no internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is my problem... When i connect my computer to my router (wired) the connection symbol says that im connected at 100mbs but when i open IE i get nothing, cant even connect to router using 192.168.1.1. I can then plug in a usb wifi adaptor to that computer and connect wirelessly to to the internet just fine, If i connect my laptop to the ethernet cable that doesnt work on my computer it works fime, so it is not the cable, some setting in the computer.

- The computer had been using the wireless connection for quit some time and im just now changing ... is there a setting that would have contributed to the problem..

- also aroud the time that it stoped i installed the link-layer protocal

OS on computer- win xp
OS on Laptop- Vista

here is my problem... When i connect my computer to my router (wired) the connection symbol says that im connected at 100mbs but when i open IE i get nothing,
When i first read that statement I related it to something i recently discovered when fixing same problem description for a friend. Click Tools and make sure Work Offline is not checked!
Also i am not recieving any packets just sending(few)
Then you mentioned the above so not so sure of your case but figured is worth mentioning and a good thing to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back