Computer shut down, won't turn on

By CrixuS
Mar 16, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lately my computer has been randomly shutting down, no error message no pop ups nothing, I searched on google for reason this could happen and I found some forums saying run chkdsk, I ran it and no errors were found, usually my computer would stay on all day except for when I go to bed and leave music playing, for 4 nights it has shut off over night, and sometimes during the day it shuts down randomly, I play World of warcraft, but it shuts down even when WoW isn't open so that can't be the problem, last night I went to bed and left music on, when I woke up the computer was turned off, I tryed turning it on and it wouldn't start, for some reason my fans work but the computer won't start up or make any sounds, I know its not the power supply because i've tested it and a friend told me chkdsk should have told me if it was my hard drive? I dont know what to do anymore....

don't know if it will help but

Memory: 2x 2gb
    Video Card: EVGA 9600gt
    Mobo: 4COREDUAL-SATA2
  2. gloze

gloze Newcomer, in training

I've seen intel boards shutdown for CPU overheat, even when they haven't overheated. After a couple of times it would not even perform a bios post. I fixed the problem by removing the bios button cell battery for a couple of minutes, re-inserting, and then booting up and this fixed the problem.

Hope this helps.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.