TechSpot

Computer shuts down during playing games

By glit1
Jan 25, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hello
    Before i start explaining i did not have this problem before i upgraded + im not the best at computers
    So i bought a new video card (NVIDIA GTX 560 TI) cause my old card was really bad. So when i started playing i tested the graphics on APB(All Points Bulletin), before i upgraded i would only be able to play on low without lag but now i could play on High. And so after 10 mins or so of playing my computer would just turn off and then on agian after about 5 secs. I started it up agian and put the graphics on low and disabled all the special graphics options + put the fan speed on high. Now i can sometimes play for 2 hours and sometime only 30 mins which is really wierd cause GTX 560 TIis suppose to handle atleast High on a game like APB.
    So what i am wondering is what is causing this problem and what can i do to fix it?

Computer Specs:
    Computer: HP pavilion m9651me
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz
    Video card: NVIDIA GTX 560 TI
    Memory:8gb RAM
    Power supply: 300watts(Not sure how much)

The picture shows the temps of my computer just for sure.

Attached Files:

2. Dannyk0ed

Dannyk0ed TS Member Posts: 79

The problem is your power supply, 300 is not enough for gtx 560ti, get 550+, open your case and look at your powersupply,
  3. glit1

glit1 TS Rookie Topic Starter

ah thanks getting the Super Flower / AXP Power Supply with 120mm Fan - 650W
    soon will it work?
  4. Dannyk0ed

Dannyk0ed TS Member Posts: 79

Wll work good if you install it correctly.
  5. glit1

glit1 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Will probably have to leave in to a computer shop
    Thanks alot !

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.