TechSpot

Computer shuts down during playing games

By glit1
Jan 25, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hello
    Before i start explaining i did not have this problem before i upgraded + im not the best at computers
    So i bought a new video card (NVIDIA GTX 560 TI) cause my old card was really bad. So when i started playing i tested the graphics on APB(All Points Bulletin), before i upgraded i would only be able to play on low without lag but now i could play on High. And so after 10 mins or so of playing my computer would just turn off and then on agian after about 5 secs. I started it up agian and put the graphics on low and disabled all the special graphics options + put the fan speed on high. Now i can sometimes play for 2 hours and sometime only 30 mins which is really wierd cause GTX 560 TIis suppose to handle atleast High on a game like APB.
    So what i am wondering is what is causing this problem and what can i do to fix it?

Computer Specs:
    Computer: HP pavilion m9651me
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz
    Video card: NVIDIA GTX 560 TI
    Memory:8gb RAM
    Power supply: 300watts(Not sure how much)

The picture shows the temps of my computer just for sure.

Attached Files:

2. Dannyk0ed

Dannyk0ed TS Member Posts: 63

The problem is your power supply, 300 is not enough for gtx 560ti, get 550+, open your case and look at your powersupply,

3. glit1

glit1 TS Rookie Topic Starter

ah thanks getting the Super Flower / AXP Power Supply with 120mm Fan - 650W
    soon will it work?

4. Dannyk0ed

Dannyk0ed TS Member Posts: 63

Wll work good if you install it correctly.

5. glit1

glit1 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Will probably have to leave in to a computer shop
    Thanks alot !