TechSpot

computer shuts down randomly! help!

By amazon_sephy
Mar 28, 2005
  1. Hey guys,

It seems that my computer randomly shuts down. It ranges from litterally 2 seconds after turning it on, to maybe 15mins. All the fans are working, so i dont think its a heat issue. I just installed a new powersupply this year, so i doubt its power related either... Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. thanks. update. now, it seems that if it does start to boot, i might get a blue screen concerning some paging thing.. My computer never did this before installed sp2. Should i install this, and is is safe to uninstall, it said some stuff might not work. I was a little worried aobut it, so i didnt do it. You guys think its safe?

Edit:

Nm, i uninstalled sp2 cause i was tired of the blue screens. As i was looking over the mobo for bad capacitors i noticed that the main power cable going into the mobo was getting loose. No idea how that happened, when i know they are supposed to snap in, weird. Anyways, all problems are fixed, so im happy.

2. isatippy

isatippy TS Rookie Posts: 593

Give us some computer specs

3. Tribal-Phoenix

Tribal-Phoenix TS Rookie Posts: 118

tsk

im so tired of there problems with computer rebooting/crashing , btw it restarts coz it is cofigured too if u change the option to show u the blue screen with a "detailed" error it will show the error , i have recently had thousands of those craches , first when i installed some software so it was the driver problem , and today i bought 512 mb corsair ddr 400 pc 2300u memory stick which is my second one coz i already have have nanyl 256 mb , so when i insert boith sticks and start pc it shows me bios msg that there might be a problem but no detailes and nothing bout memroy so then when it starts it jsut suddenly reboots, so its crap seems that those 2 stick are not compatible , so man its probably your power block or thing maybe u have instaleld any programs which may have caused this piece of crap

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.