Computer shuts down while playing games

Status
Not open for further replies.
:mad: My computer never had a problem until I moved now it shuts down while I'm playing a game that requires a cd. I doesn't have a specific time limit before it shuts down. Sometimes it shuts down after only about 5 minutes of playing sometimes after an hour. It doesn't shut down with any particular game either. I have a HDD cooler, Ram cooler and 4 internal fans, and have checked the CPU fan it is running fine. Any other suggestions???

AMD Athlon XP 2.5 processor
MSI KM 400 Motherboard
768 MB of DDR ram
400 Watt Power supply
128 GeForce 4 video card

could be anything from bad RAM to bad PSU

Try taking out one of your memory modules, say you have a 512mb and a 256mb or 3 256mb take one of them out and see if it helps etc.

Otherwise theres something in there thats faulty and its trail and error to find it. I could be wrong :)

Does your power supply has the ability to support all those fans and cooler?? I don't know but it's just a suggestion.

cT

I had that problem for a while, and it turned out I had a conflicting driver on my computer. Check your drivers and see if that's the problem

Sorry I haven't responded long before now but I made a cross country move. Any way my PC is running fine now. Thanks every one for your suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back