Computer shutsdown help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'm trying to fix my cousins computer. It kept shutting down in like a minute after windows booted up. So i took her hard drive out, set it to slave,put it in my computer and scanned it with nortons and nod and found and removed several viruses. I took her drive out set it back to master and put it back in her system and it still crashed. I then went in and set it to not restart on system failure and then applied about the time it shut down again. The next time it shut down on its on the blue screen came up and gave me this info.

Technical information
Stop: 0x0000008E(0xc0000005,0xED9885E9,0xF654EA20,0x00000000)

huy32.sys-Address ED98885E9 base at ED986000,DateStamp 4 Sabe717

then below that it says Physical memory dump complete

Then when i restart again it continues to shut down for no reason. I'm so lost as to what to do next.

It will boot up in safe mode without crashing but i cant get it to connect to the internet while in safe mode.

I'm very new to this kind of stuff guys so please help and thanx for help in advance.

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic69158.html

Howard_Hopkinso said:
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

The huy32.sys is part of a rootkit infection. Please do the following.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go HERE and follow the inastructions exactly for removing the Rustock rootkit.

Then, go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Then, download combofix.exe. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts. A window will open with a warning. Type "Y" (and Enter) to start the fix. When the scan completes it will open a text window. Please attach that log back here together with a fresh HJT log and an AVG Antispyware log.

Caution - do not touch your mouse/keyboard until the scan has completed. The scan will temporarily disable your desktop, and if interrupted may leave your desktop disabled. If this occurs, please reboot to restore the desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back