TechSpot

1. TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Computer starts slowly but doesnt get to log in page

By jamie66mac
Mar 6, 2010
  1. Hello, ive been trying to get through to dell for past few days , ive waited over an hour on the helpline but i cant get through to them for help.

My problem

When i start my computer, it comes to the a screen giving me the options ' safe mode' 'normal mode ' and some other one?

Ive tried safe mode but it brings me to a page ive never seen before and dont know what to do on it.

When i try normal mode it will load to the log in page... some times and when i go to log in it just never loads.
    Or it just wont ever load and stay a blank screen with the load symbol.

Ive got coursework on there i need desperately could you please help, if you need any additional information just ask.

Thank you jamie.

2. pyari

pyari TS Rookie Posts: 66

when did it happen? the history behind this problem? when u see safe mode option just select "last known good configuration" and hit enter. let see what happen? let us know do u manage to login to safe mode.

3. jamie66mac

jamie66mac TS Rookie Topic Starter

It started about 2 weeks ago, just i've been to busy to sort it out.

2 weeks ago i was using my computer a lot, left it on for 1 day straight. i know not good. This may have effected it but im not sure.

I dont actually see the option for last known good configuration when i get to the safe mode part.

when i click the safe mode part i get a screen like command prompt is that normal?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.