TechSpot

Computer stays on black screen when starting

By Ashz0mg
Sep 23, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Hey

When I go to turn my computer on it can't get to the windows loading screen it just stops on a blank black screen. I have/will upload a video of it happening to illustrate what is happening since I might not have described it well.

I can't post videos due to my post count but if you want to see it just PM me.

The last thing I remember my computer doing before it turned off was a virus scan then a few minutes later a blue screen with some white writing coming up so I rebooted and this happened. I have tried using my Windows CD to repair it but it hasn't worked. I can't get into safe-mode because it just stops on the black screen with white writing (Sorry for all these un-techincal names xD).

I was wondering if anyone knew what was happening? Ideally i'm looking for a fix for this so I can back-up some of my files onto an external harddrive then I want to reformat.

Thanks, Ash

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.