Computer tech help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

Have a question on a new PC I just bought

The motherboard is a Intel DX48BT2, CPU is Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz, Case is a Centurion 590, PS is a Cooler Master Real Power Pro 750W.

I assembled the PC and the first time I turned it on it worked. I was able to install windows vista, but when I moved it to my desk after it stopped working. The power switch on the case does not respond, but all the fans work. There is one green light on the MB, which seems right to me.

I have disconnected and reinstalled the MB thinking that there might be a grounding problem, but that did not fix the issue. I have disconnected all non essential devices thinking that one of them is causing a problem, but it did not solve my problem. I have tried shorting the power switch pins on the MB thinking the switch on the case is bad, but that did not solve the problem.

Additional notes:

When I first turned it on it sounds like it is booting then stops for a second and then starts back up again. Hard to explain but seems like it was stalling. Also, when I first assembled the PC, I forgot to plug in the 4 pin power connector on the MB. I don't know if that fried anything or not.

What do you think is my problem?

Thanks for any help you can give me

Hi bgiiking welcome to TechSpot

That 4 Pin plug is for the CPU, but actually if you didn't connect it, it wouldn't have even turned on (so you should be right at that point)

This sounds as though it could be Power Supply or Ram issue

There is one other possibility, the CPU fan has been known to cause this (incorrect polarities) but if you installed Vista, I can't see this either.

If you have another power supply unit (PSU) please try it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back