Computer trouble - mini dump included

Status
Not open for further replies.

gubar

Hi all,

had some trouble recently. First, my computer wouldn't start (would get to the screen with the scrolling blue bar and freeze). This happened about 6 times in a row, then seemed to be working fine.

However, I've just gotten a blue screen (for the first time in a long while). I'm using my computer for a very large project just now so it's important I get it as stable as possible.

I've attatched a mini-dump, if there is any more info I can give, just let me know.

Thanks

gubar

Attachments

• Mini101007-01.dmp
    64 KB · Views: 8
Thanks for getting back to me, and sorry about the delay.

Memory has tested ok with seven passes, I've ran check disk and created a new page file - but I've just had another blue screen of the type "page fault in non-paged area". I've attatched a mini-dump, but from the looks of it it's corrupted like the last one. When this dump occurred, I was running azeurus, and clicked on firefox to open it. It didn't open, just the blue screen.

I download a lot, though not excessively, and have got norton security suite (I know it's a but of a hog but it's kept me fairly clean - I say fairly because I did get a virus recently but it was quickly detected and removed with spyware doctor, which I also scan with occasionally).

Any more advice you can offer would be appreciated.

Regards,

gubar

Your latest minidump carshes at anti_rkt.sys. I believe this is the driver for the AVG Antirootkit porgramme.

I suggest you uninstall AVG Antirootkit.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back