Computer trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

omegafate

ok ill be as descriptive as i can be lol

ok my basement flooded about 2 inches that 2 inches went in to my case and it went over my sound card

mind u i live int eh country which the water has sulfer in it plus the sulfer vapor

pc and a few things got cought in the mix

well i took it all appart let it dry out a few days

then put everything back togather

it ran solid

no problems

then i rebooted it

nothing came back on

then i took it appart again cleaned it with rubbing alchahol

dryed it as well

then put it all back togather

tryed it out same thing nothign was happening

cpu fan still running

gpu fan still running

i swapped the video card for the same one to see if it was the card it wasnt

so im asking u guys to see what u think it could possibly be

my assumptions are

RAM

mobo

cpu

possibly hard drive (hope not)

if u have any more questions please ask and ill answer with best of ability

If you had two inches of water, you are probably just experiencing the final failure of your motherboard. Assuming this is a Tower, then two inches of your motherboard got wet. My bet is the system is dead and can't be revived. I have seen wet systems work well for a few days and then just die.

Dirty water is conductive, the resulting residue is conductive... Components on the motherboard have shorted out. The system is toast... at least the motherboard is toast

your system is toast. Furthermore, water vapor is highly corrosive. Even if the mobo was not flooded directly, the fact it was so close to water could have destroyed it. But I will bet, the mobo was exposed directly.

so in other words im gonna have to do a total rebuild or do u think that there are salvageable parts

you can salvage the case and test each part individually. You will need a new mobo. Try to reformat the HDs and reinstall windows if you can.

agree that its probably bad but one way to test the mobo is to pull the ram and try to start it backup if no post beeps then its definetly bad

ok
dunno were i can get a elcheapo board but ill find one eventually lol

im sure one of the shops around here has one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back