Computer troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFlapnJacks

I've never had a problem with any of my computers till now. (I build custom computers) Ok well, i had two computers and i swapped the HDD (Seagate sata II 160gb) to the custom pc. It works fine as a slave, but i cannot boot from it without getting this error message. (blue screen of death message) My dilemma is, i want to take out the smaller 30 gig HDD and boot from just the 160, which i can't because it won't let me.

0x00000007e (0xc0000005, 0xf6ca0756, 0xf79f7430, 0xf79f712c)

Any help with this would be great, so far i have updated most of my drivers, ran the windows repair a few times, smoked a couple bowls with it (Thought the magical power of pot might help or something) unplugged memory sticks and stuff, and gosh darn... it still wont comply. I get this error as soon as it passes the windows xp logo with the loading bar. So is this a lost cause? (I'm sure it isn't) or not? ;[ I was thinking about flashing the bios, but i'm not sure what that does, or how to do it, and I was also going to update the bios, but i couldn't find the drivers. Thanks in advance yooh tech-studs <3

Specs:
CPU
Dual Core AMD Opteron 165, 1.81ghz
Motherboard
foxconn nf4uk8aa-8ekrs
Memory
3gigs ddr2
Videocard
E-Geforce 8400 gs 512 mb ddr2
Cooling
Amazing heat sync
Soundcard/Speakers
N/A Cambridge sound works 5.1 full surround sound.
Hard Disk(s)
Seagate sata II 160 gigs.
Other drives
N/A
Case
Custom
Other Peripherals
N/A
Operating System
xp pro sp3

Does the 120GB drive have an OS installed?If so, that could be a conflict because of the different components in the 2 machines.
Works as slave, so go to Disk Management, delete partition, and reformat.Install as master and install OS on a fresh clean drive.

Does the 120GB drive have an OS installed?If so, that could be a conflict because of the different components in the 2 machines.
Works as slave, so go to Disk Management, delete partition, and reformat.Install as master and install OS on a fresh clean drive.
Yup both has OS installed, but i didnt want to loose all my settings and stuff. Otherwise i would have done it first, but if thats what needs to be done, than i'll hop to it. Thanks for the help :grinthumb

Save anything you want to keep to a removable external drive, CD-ROM or USB drive first.

I know i know, i have a 16gig transcend flash drive just for times of need like this. though i usually use it like a mini music library. Shiit son, any house with a computer is a party house complete with a dj as long i bring this baby. lol ;]

Well thanks man, i like your sig btw. Anyone have any last words of advice to throw my way that might save me from a terribly long reinstall? Followed by a terribly long search for programs, drivers, games, pr0n, ect...

Transfer your programs to CD-ROM.
Find a copy of WinDriversBack and save all drivers to a folder on the CD.
Some games you can save and transfer saved games. Worth checking.

I decided a completely new install of xp pro black edition was called for. Change is good sometimes :] Anywho, everythings nice and pretty now, but my net download speed dropped from 21~25mb/s to 11~13mb/s after i reinstalled. Dafux? anyhelp with this O great hrlow? <3

I decided a completely new install of xp pro black edition was called for.

In essence, Windows XP - Black Edition is XP on DVD with plenty of other pirated software included... Software that covers every aspect of day to day computing and even some outside of it...it also comes with malware.

Mr. Flap, it is difficult to take your computer problems seriously with practices such as this.

And you openly state
smoked a couple bowls with it (Thought the magical power of pot might help or something

Thanks in advance yooh tech-studs
Maybe I'm a stick in the mud, but I'm a volunteer here, like every one else and don't care to be address this way.

I was thinking about flashing the bios, but i'm not sure what that does, or how to do it, and I was also going to update the bios,
This is a poor transparent comment to try and make yourself sound like a grownup. Well guess what, i doesn't cut it.

Anyone have any last words of advice to throw my way that might save me from a terribly long reinstall? Followed by a terribly long search for programs, drivers, games, pr0n, ect...

Yes. Go play with the other irresponsible kids and stop wasting our time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back