Computer trying to connect via a proxy after finding trojan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darrenbilly

I received a trojan yesterday after opening a facebook mail. Now i cannot get on the inter, use msn, firefox or ie. My wireless says it is connected, i reinstalled it etc. I noticed that firefox said i could not connect to the proxy, i have never set one up, dont even own one, wouldnt know how to set one up. I went to my firewall and found 'tinyproxy' and 'anonproxy' there with access. I unchecked their access and deleted them. I cannot find it in add/remove or on my start menu. It was avg that found it and removed them to the vault, i then deleted them from there but still they seem to be here. I am now running AVG 8 in safe mode so that no one can access my computer somehow via the proxy. Any ideas on these proxy trojans? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Here is a bump.

While waiting for the experts -

IF HJT V2.0.2 is on your machine, run it.

Safe Mode with networking does not load startup applications (same effect as msconfig diagnostic setting).

Check your firewall for programs. FF and/or IE should be allowed.

Is your wifi connectiom good to the router? Using browser to access router will demonstrate a working connection & usable browser.

As risky as this sounds, you may need to disable the firewall or reset it so it repeats the process to build the database.

To obtain tools you may need to use this link
http://www.download.com/windows-software/

I did not take the time to organize this response. Sorry if it confuses you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back