TechSpot

Computer turns on but nothing happens on monitor

By Brian12345
Jul 27, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi this is my first time on this site and im glad to be on it

my problem is when i turn on my computer, nothing happens on my moniter its just black no codes or bios or anything. i dont get a beep or anything either usually wen u turn my computer on 5 seconds later it makes a beep noise but nothing now. when my computer starts, it looks fine, fans on, led lights on, cd-rom drive opens but i get no beeping noise and nothing happens on the screen. please help me, it would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance and btw im a real noob wen it comes to computer parts and such
  2. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

Did you recently try to install a new graphics card or RAM?
  3. Brian12345

Brian12345 TS Rookie Topic Starter

no its been the same since i built it
  4. Brian12345

Brian12345 TS Rookie Topic Starter

it wa built around 2005
  5. Classic Rock

Classic Rock TS Member Posts: 92

Hi guys, sorry to but in, but I have the same problem with my new computer. My specs should be on the top right of this post.

I have connected everything as best I can and my uncle, who built his own computer, cannot find anything wrong with the way I've connected the components. But when I plug my moniter into the 8800GT, nothing happens. The moniter works, the fans all start spinning around, the LED's light up... but that's about it. nothing else happens.

It looks very pretty and all, but it isn't exactly living up to my expectations.

Is it normal for a PC to do this untill the OS is installed? I would appreciate any information either of you might have as well as any advice.

P.s
    I hope that you can get your computer running Brian, I know how you must feel right about now. I just spent close to $2000 on what is turning out to be a very heavy paper-weight.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.