Computer Up to Par?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am new here and I usually play an FPS called cs1.6 or cs:cz. The computer I use is fairly old and probably is the main problem. I get low FPS; 10-37 FPS in game.

My computer runs pretty well in any other things I do, the only part where it doesn't do so well is in FPS games. Here below I have my computer specs. If anyone has a knowledgeable answer please do reply.

System:

Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Computer:

Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4
CPU 2.20GHz 2.19 GHz
0.99 GB of RAM

Intel Extreme Graphics:

Chip Type: Intel(R) 82845G Graphics Controller
DirectX Version: 9.0
Physical Memory: 1015 MB
Min. Graphics Memory: 8MB
Max. Graphics Memory: 64MB
Processor Speed: 2193 MHz

I am using a single core, which is my guess to why my FPS games do not run at the best. However, if this is not the problem I would appreciate some suggestions.

I'm not an expert on graphic cards, but I believe it is your Intel Graphics that is causing the low frames per sec.

Your Intel Graphics is an integrated type of graphics (it comes along with the motherboard if I am not wrong) and therefore saves cost rather than the reseller of your computer having to buy a "real" card from AMD or nvidia, for example.

Therefore the quality of the graphics expected is to be rather low since it came "free". I highly recommend you get a new graphics card, integrated video cards can be really slow...

And, I suppose the graphics card does not have to be a top-of-the-line one, I'm very sure a mid range card would do well for CS since from what I have read it does not seem to be a very demanding game. I suggest you wait for a reply from other TS members as I'm really not good at all these graphics stuff :eek:

Your system is limited by low graphics memory AND too little operating memory. Increase your memory to 2 GB or more, and get a graphics card that is 256 mb or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back