Computer will not post BIOS, please assist

Hello. I tried to overclock my q9450 Quad Core 2.66 to between 3.2-3.4 Ghz. and also tried to set my G.Skill PI Black 4Gig DDR2 RAM to its appropriate settings through the BIOS of my Asus P5N-T Deluxe Motherboard. I don't think my overclocking the CPU was to hefty, as I've seen examples of people overclocking this CPU to 3.8 stable. The problem is...

now my system won't even post the BIOS. I just get a black screen. Nothing. Everything is hooked up properly. The motherboard lights up, the video card(GTX 285) lights up and fan runs, the CPU cooling fan (ZEROtherm Nirvana) works, the fans in the case run, I can hear the hard drive winding up (which is brand new). I've tried everything to get it back up and running but nothing is working. I have:

-removed the motherboard battery to try to reset. Didn't work.

- moved the CMOS jumpers from pins 1 and 2 to 2 and 3 and back again and tried to boot...nothing. I've also done this with and without the battery removed.

-tried booting with a different hard drive, with a different video card, with everything removed except the motherboard, videocard, cpu and 1 stick of RAM....nothing.

It is important to note that the monitor is working fine and the system has run fine for over two years (a few blue screens here and there) but nothing serious. It wasn't until I tried overclocking that this happened (my fault, I know).

My question is: have I burnt up my motherboard or CPU or both? I've looked them both over and neither seem to have any discoloorations and I didn't smell any odors during this process. Advice is greatly appreciated...

Thank you.

Do a tried and true and yes sometimes tedious diagnostic proceedure as follows:

Uninstall everything from your motherboard and power supply except power to the motherboard, cpu, and one stick of RAM. Boot up. if it boots up, shut down add just one piece of hardware and reboot. Keep repeating this process until you can narrow it down to what hardware appears to be the malfunctioning one.

Back