Computer will not start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

I hope someone can help me. On Friday I restored my computer and it was working fine and then when I clicked my c: it came up with message "resycled/boot.com is not a valid Win32 application" since my computer crashed I found out this is a virus. Anyway I restarted my computer and then it kept going to Windows screen and restarting. I tried in safe mode and then tried to restore it but it still kept restarting and wouldn't go into windows. Then I plugged my external CD player and inserted the windows disk in to do a fresh windows install and then my computer wouldn't come on at all.

What happens is I press the on button, nothing appears on my monitor, my keyboard comes on but is locked, my mouse does not come on, I have 2 lights on computer the amber light comes on but not my green and it doesn't make many beep noises and some times my CD drive will not open. Occassionlly the first screen does appear (the screen that says press DEL for ..... F12 for .......). But my keyboard is locked so I can't press anything I've changed the keyboard and still the same. All the fans are working inside too.

I have took it apart and cleaned all inside. I've tried taking things out like hard drive, CD drive and still the same. I can't see that anything has fried on the motherboard.

Sorry so long, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back