Computer will not startup or shutdown

I have a ET1641 Emachine. I replaced mobo, everything works, but computer will not boot or shutdown using the power button, it starts right up when I plug in the power cord. I think I have the front panel wired right, no matter where I put the connectors it will not do anything when using the power button. Can any one help me?
Thank You
Tonda

Motherboards draw about 1 watt of power even when they're "off".

Your power switch is routed through the connector pins on the new motherboard. Most likely that switch is on the wrong two pins and simply needs to be moved to the right two.

The polarity of the pins don't matter for the power switch. There is no positive or negative positions, just shorting the two pins together is all that is needed to complete the circuit and power on/off the computer. You will have to hold that power switch down for several seconds for the power off circuit to trigger.

Your new motherboard may have come with a manual that shows the position of the power pins.

Ok I have the power button reseting when powered up but will not start comp. The button should not restart but shut down right?
Thank You
Tonda

Back