Computer will only boot into safe mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys,

I hope someone can help me as my livelihood is on the computer, so here goes.
I had gotten an EH back in October that had been working fine up until a few weeks ago when a error would pop up every now & then saying H: write failure or something like that, whne this happened my computer seemed to go into hiding as the screen would go blank. Everyone once in a while I would get it to work for a few hours & then again it would disappear. Earlier this week I thought I had fixed it but today it died again. I clicked on stop device, something I hadn't done before, unplugged & plugged it back in & restarted my computer. Now, it will only boot in safe mode & I have no idea what the problem is. I am totally computer stupid. I try my best with fixes from the internet but this one I cant seem to figure out how to fix it. I ran a msconfig in safe mode & found most everything is stopped....I am not sure it that is because it is in safe mode or from me stopping the device. If it is, how do I get everything back on with out further making a mess. I already tried system restore to this morning with no luck. Any advice on what to do?? Please.
Other then Im running XP, I dont know what else to tell you.
Thank so much

I just ran the errors list & this is what it gave me as the last today. "%1084" attempting to start the serice StiSvcwith arguments "" in order to run server: {A1F4E726-8CF1-11D1-B F92-0060081ED811}

Hey Guys,

I hope someone can help me as my livelihood is on the computer, so here goes.

Not sure if you mean your livelihood depends upon your computer, or your life history is stored on your computer. I'm not being sarcastic, I am pointing out to you that either way, it is very important to you. That being the case, and taking your professed computer innocence into account, I can only give one piece of advice.

This is not a self-help job. Do not attempt any repair, call in the professionals before anything is lost.

Then when you are up and running again, the most important thing must be to learn something about taking backups.

Good idea

Not sure if you mean your livelihood depends upon your computer, or your life history is stored on your computer. I'm not being sarcastic, I am pointing out to you that either way, it is very important to you. That being the case, and taking your professed computer innocence into account, I can only give one piece of advice.

This is not a self-help job. Do not attempt any repair, call in the professionals before anything is lost.

Then when you are up and running again, the most important thing must be to learn something about taking backups.

Soul Harvester wouldn't agree with that,:haha:
As he'd say,
"Why do you think he came here" .;)
But i do.It's an important device and
spending a few bucks is necessary at times.
It might be a simple fix for a repairman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back