Computer with D101GGC mobo won't output to monitor, strange beeps, help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxis

I've had my computer for about four years. It worked as intended until early today, when I tried to turn it on and I noticed that the mobo beeped unusually and I'd get no signal on my monitor. Everything else powers up, fans, cd drives and I can also hear the hard drives. The computer sounds as if it boots correctly, but I get no monitor signal.

I tried looking through Intel's documentation for my mobo but I just couldn't find a beep or POST table.

I get a long beep (3 seconds) plus two short beeps that last about half a second each. I usually get a single one second beep.

Help appreciated.

This may be a memory failure or power supply problem... Have you tried resetting the CMOS/Bios?

Thanks, captaincranky. According to that manual, the long beep followed by two short ones indicates a video configuration failure, probably a bad video card (which is consistent with my monitor not getting any signal). I will look into it and see if that's the problem.

In case that's not it, how can I reset the CMOS/BIOS, Tmagic? Do I have to play with the mobo's jumper?

Yes Coxis, you have to reset the jumper. Follow your motherboard manual or just Google. :)

Hi guys, bumping this for the sake of archiving and forum searches. It was the video card, it finally gave in... Tried reinstalling it, but it made no difference. Once I removed it for good and connected my monitor to the onboard graphics, everything worked again. I'm damn sad because it wasn't that bad a card (512 8600GT) but at least my computer works again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back