TechSpot

Computer won't backup

By yangly18
Jan 22, 2010
  1. So I've been trying to backup my computer to my 1Tb drive, but when it gets to about 75% it just stops and says the backup was not complete. I'm using the standard backup wizard that comes on windows 7, and the drive I have has more than enough room on it to support the backup (my computer only has a 250G drive). I did notice that the backup is taking more room than it's supposed to. Is there another backup program anyone would reccomend that might not error out like this?

2. patio

patio TS Maniac Posts: 482

I'm a big fan of Acronis True Image...however it is not Free...

A few Free options would be Macrium Reflect Home or DriveImageXL.

I liked Macrium better out of those two when i tested them.
    Others may have some more suggestions for you.

3. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,682   +86

Macrium looks reasonably good suggestion :)

4. yangly18

yangly18 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 217

thanks buuuuuuuudy I'll check it out.

5. Joachim

Joachim TS Rookie

I do mean creating a "ghost" level backup. I installed Acronis today and did an entire hard drive backup and I am now searching for ways for me to restore off of this image via USB. Basically what I want to do is install vista on my mini 9. When i installed it before i was getting some issues, for example, SP1 wouldnt install, it would error out for some reason. I then slipstreamed SP1 into an install with vlite and tried to slipstream the drivers as per a thread on this site, again, install errors, this time for the drivers. I want to try to install it again, this time using mainly the mini 12 drivers instead of the XP based mini 9 drivers to see if that corrects the issues. In the event that it errors out and I want to go back to XP i dont want to have to reinstall everything all over again. Thats why I am doing this but now i need the ability to do so via USB. If anyone has any tips, please let me know. I am using Acronis true image home 11.

6. LookinAround

LookinAround Ex Tech Spotter Posts: 6,491   +183

Hi Joachim

To get proper attention and potentially more responses, you should post your own topic with an appropriate title for your own problem. See How to Post a New Topic

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.