Computer won't backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

yangly18

So I've been trying to backup my computer to my 1Tb drive, but when it gets to about 75% it just stops and says the backup was not complete. I'm using the standard backup wizard that comes on windows 7, and the drive I have has more than enough room on it to support the backup (my computer only has a 250G drive). I did notice that the backup is taking more room than it's supposed to. Is there another backup program anyone would reccomend that might not error out like this?

I'm a big fan of Acronis True Image...however it is not Free...

A few Free options would be Macrium Reflect Home or DriveImageXL.

I liked Macrium better out of those two when i tested them.
Others may have some more suggestions for you.

I do mean creating a "ghost" level backup. I installed Acronis today and did an entire hard drive backup and I am now searching for ways for me to restore off of this image via USB. Basically what I want to do is install vista on my mini 9. When i installed it before i was getting some issues, for example, SP1 wouldnt install, it would error out for some reason. I then slipstreamed SP1 into an install with vlite and tried to slipstream the drivers as per a thread on this site, again, install errors, this time for the drivers. I want to try to install it again, this time using mainly the mini 12 drivers instead of the XP based mini 9 drivers to see if that corrects the issues. In the event that it errors out and I want to go back to XP i dont want to have to reinstall everything all over again. Thats why I am doing this but now i need the ability to do so via USB. If anyone has any tips, please let me know. I am using Acronis true image home 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back