Computer won't boot to Windows login, and now doesn't recognize HDD

I was listening to music when my computer froze up, so I rebooted and when I got to the Windows XP screen with the scrolling bar, it immedietly restarted again. I read about using the XP repair option, but when I put in the xp disc, that wasn't an option. SO when I rebooted the system again without the xp disc, I get, " Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media." So I put the xp disc back in, got to the windows setup, but now it tells me, "Setup did not find any HDDs installed in your computer. Make sure and HDDs are powered on and properly connected to your computer, and that and disk-related hardware configuration is correct. This may involve running a manufacturer-supplied dianostic or setup program. Setup cannot continue. Press F3 to quit setup."

I checked my HDD (Seagate Barracuda 1TB) and everything was properly connected. I have no idea what to do anymore. I would format my HDD if I could but I don't know how. Please Help!

I was listening to music when my computer froze up, so I rebooted and when I got to the Windows XP screen with the scrolling bar, it immedietly restarted again. I read about using the XP repair option, but when I put in the xp disc, that wasn't an option. SO when I rebooted the system again without the xp disc, I get, " Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media." So I put the xp disc back in, got to the windows setup, but now it tells me, "Setup did not find any HDDs installed in your computer. Make sure and HDDs are powered on and properly connected to your computer, and that and disk-related hardware configuration is correct. This may involve running a manufacturer-supplied dianostic or setup program. Setup cannot continue. Press F3 to quit setup."

I checked my HDD (Seagate Barracuda 1TB) and everything was properly connected. I have no idea what to do anymore. I would format my HDD if I could but I don't know how. Please Help!

I could be wrong,but I've heard when you put the CD repair disk in, you're supposed to make sure it'll boot from it, then shut the pc down,wait the 30 some seconds & boot it back up so it can do its thing.
Hopefully some more knowledgeable individual can tell you if this info is correct.
I wish you the best.

Back