Computer won't boot to Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
I click the button to start and it goes to a screen that says repair the computer so i clicked enter and it started to boot up windows but it stopped and turned off right after it started about 3 seconds. I tried it about 10 times and it did the same.
I hade the same thing happen about a week ago but it worked ok after 2 or 3 times trying. It happened again 2 days ago and took about 8 times trying for it to repair and boot up.
I have two identical computers and I swapped hard drives and the other hard drive did not work either in this computer It did exactly the same thing . But the first harddrive I put into the second computer and it worked ok. So i figure something else is not working right other than the hard drives.
Can any one possibly give me some advice as to what to look for ??

This is a E-Machine T3626
AMD Sempron 3800 Mhz 1 core processor
! GB DDR2 duel channel memory
160 GB hard drive

Bring the Ram back down to 512Meg (just for the re-installation)
Also run Bios setup defaults

And you may need to run CheckDisk from the recovery console, info h e r e

I took it to computer shop tonight

Bring the Ram back down to 512Meg (just for the re-installation)
Also run Bios setup defaults

And you may need to run CheckDisk from the recovery console, info

Thanks much but I just took it to the shop. I was tired of messing with it.
dutch

Shop said something about needing a new motherboard or 4 capacitors. What gets me is it did this and I got it to boot after a few tries, this worked 3 times, now it won't work at all. It seems funny It worked a couple times and now it don't. Hard to believe its a motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back