Computer won't detect USB mouse/keyboard

Hello,

I have an IBM ThinkCentre MT-M 8215. It runs on Windows XP.

I recently bought a new USB keyboard and mouse to replace PS/2 keyboard and mouse. The keyboard is an iCan multimedia keyboard, and the mouse is a Logitech M100. Both are wired.

When I plug them in, the computer will not detect either one -- not in BIOS, and not once the OS has loaded. There is no recognition whatsoever.

I've been reading up on forums which say to turn on the USB keyboard options in BIOS. Using the old PS/2 keyboard (which still works) I went into BIOS but there's nothing there. The closest thing I can find is Devices --> USB setup, which only has "USB Support," "Front USB Ports," and "USB Device Support." All are enabled. The only thing that says "keyboard" by name in BIOS is under Startup, with the options "Keyboard Numlock State" (on), and "Keyboard Speed" (fast).

I know the USB ports are working because they detect a USB flash drive; it's only the keyboard and mouse that will not be detected.

I appreciate any help -- I'm out of ideas and I've been working on this for 2 hours.

Thanks.

Back