Computer wont display

By manop1990
Jun 20, 2009
  1. I have a Intel Pentium D 915GAV motherboard, pentium 4 2.8GHz processor and 512MB RAM . Computer was working fine .
    I have bought a new Nvidia Geforce 9400 GT.
    After inserting the graphics card in the slot, when i turn on, monitor doesnt display anything. But processor fans are rotating at idle speed.
    So i removed the graphics card and turned on the computer. The computer was working fine. Now i am using the computer without graphics card.

Why the computer doesnt display when i insert the graphics card?
    Is there any motherboard/video card compatibility problems?
  2. Powerman

Powerman TS Rookie

Well, you need to install the drivers for it first, it should of came with a cd with the drivers, but these may be out of date, I suggest going to the manufacturers web sight and downloading the latest drivers. I hope this helps
  3. manop1990

manop1990 TS Rookie Topic Starter

But in the manual it has been said that driver can be installed only after inserting the graphics card.
    When i insert graphics card and turn on, nothing(not even bios screen) is diplayed. The power leds in the computer just turn on and the processor fans start rotating.

What should i do?
  4. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,964   +355

Your power supply might not have enough power to run your system with the card installed.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.