Computer won't post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, its my first time posting here. i just bought myself a new computer, rather bought parts off the net and had my friend assemble it. After it was all put together we turned it on and low and behold nothing appears on the screen. All the fans, mobo light and HD activity lights all turn on but nothing appears on the screen. There is no beeps, and the computer will just kinda idle like this indefinitly.

I tested the ram, video card, hard drive, and power supply on my friends computer but couldn't test the CPU/mobo. Everything we tested worked fine on his computer.

Specs:
Asus P5K mobo
Intel Core 2 duo processor E8400, LGA 775 Pkg 3ghz
BFG GeForce 8800GT OC 512MB video card
OCZ stealthxstream 600W PSU
OCZ Platinum XTC REV.2 PC2-6400 2GB DDR2-800 ram

Highly frustrating as you could imagine that my brand new computer doesn't work, any suggestions would be greatly appriciated.
Thanks
-Jeff

Try removing your motherboard from the case and setting it on a non-conductive surface, then attach the rest of the components from outside of the case.

Well, either your motherboard or CPU are indeed defective, or, there is some serious incompatibility within your components. Why not attempt a reversed situation of what you have already? Swap your friends components with yours until your PC successfully boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back