Computer wont power up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm having some problems with my computer and figured I could post here and maybe get some feedback

I recently got a computer from a friend and I think I have a motherboard problem the motherboard is MSI-7093 RS480M2-IL and it won't boot but I know its getting some power because a green light shows up for a second but then turns off. I think theres a few things that might contribute to this recently it was a working system with a Athlon 64 3200+ in it 2 gigs of pc3200 ram a 6800gs and it was working just fine I recently tried to place a Athlon 64 x2 3600+ in it thinking that it might be compatible but I dont think it is it was my first time putting a new processor in and I think this might be why my motherboard is now not working, I know its not a power issue because it powers all my other PC's fine I followed guides online on the processor installation and followed them carefully as possible. I cant find anywhere in the motherboard monitor for what the lights stand for on it so if anyone can give me some insight it would be greatly appreciated, the fans also do not move so im starting to think maybe my motherboard fried but Im trying to find out for sure if theres anything I can do please let me know.

theres is no clear bios jumper on my motherboard will taking the bios battery out for a bit and letting it set and putting it back in reset the bios ?

I haven't downloaded the manual (but you should)

Usually you must leave the battery out for a while (ideally overnight)

Sometimes unplugging the main motherboard power connector helps too.

Manual.

ya I read through the manual which I had to download and the only jumpers it listed were a clear bios password and clear cmos so I figured the only other way would be to take the bios battery out but just wasn't sure thanks for the reply.

well after leaving the battery out all night and putting it back in today seems things have just gone worse before I was actually getting a green light on the mobo but now I get nothing at all. I'm starting to think that the board may just be dead.

OK the green light originally was just the residual power
Now it's flushed away, you can see the real power (Nothing !)

I believe it must be board or power supply too

alright thanks for your help looks like its time to shop for a new motherboard. I was also wondering if anyone could recommend some socket 939 boards I know s939 is basically dead but I can't afford to upgrade yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back