TechSpot

Computer won't re-boot after shutdown

By mendopaul
Apr 10, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I can get my computer booted only after clearing the bios with the jumper and renewing the BOS settings. Then when it is powered down it won't complete a bootup. It will POST and complete memory test but then won't seek the OS to boot Win 7. This has just started a few days after upgrading Vista to Win 7 Home Premium but I'm suspecting hardware problems rather than software.........but I'm at a loss as to what to do. Help please! This computer is 4 years old and had rarely had problems of any kind.
  2. mendopaul

mendopaul Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

System Specs

Forgot to include system: Home Built: ASUS MB P5B deluxe, Intel dual Core E6850 at 2.6ghz; 2gb of Ram; ASUS Geforce 8600GT; WD Raptor 74gb; HD's at 500gb, 320gb, 640gb; Thermaltake 650watt Modular PS; Antec Sonata III; Sound Blaster Audigy SE; Happague Wintv. Machine is just over 4 years old with no significant problems in the past. Have just upgraded a few days ago to Win 7 Home Premium.
  3. mendopaul

mendopaul Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Post OK but won't boot!

I thought I'd better clarify my problem title for clarity. What could be corrupting my Bios so that I have to clear it to get it to boot?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.