TechSpot

Computer wont start, No fans No mobo LED nothing

By jonnyfenix
Dec 18, 2008
  1. Hello, first time post for me, I would say I have entry level tech skills when it comes to PC's. My dilemma is that my computer wont turn on. No fans, N motherboard green led, nothing. I took apart my pc to clean it as I always do every month ( I'm a tool lol )
    when I put it back together and switches on the PSU, my green mobo led light didnt turn on which we all know, no power is going to it. I'm going to go and buy a new psu but I want to make sure that the pros agree with me that its the PSU. any info will be helpful.

My low budget build

AMD Dual Core 4800 2.5ghz
    Asus M2A-VM Mobo
    2x1 GB Patriot DDR2 800
    WD 80gb HD
    XFX 8600 GT XXX OC to 670
    El Cheapo ICan case
    Super El Cheapo ICAN psw 500w

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

3. hrlow2

hrlow2 TS Rookie Posts: 210

Maybe disconnected something while cleaning?

4. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Hmm, actually I agree.

It could be the power connectors (one 4 pin plug for the CPU and a larger 20\24 pin plug for the main M\b power) disconnected
    Or it could be as simple as the small (tiny control wires) connecting to the On pins are disconnected

5. jonnyfenix

jonnyfenix TS Rookie Topic Starter

its got to be the cheap PSU with it. I was planing to rebuild my pc anyways so I'll start up with the psu

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.