TechSpot

Computer won't start properly after forced shutdown

1. Ok. This problem comes with a little bit of a story.
    About 2 days ago(though I don't think it's relevant), my little brother decided he wanted to go on the computer. He turned it on, and the relevant lights turned on. I looked away for a second, and when I looked back, he had pushed the power again, and held it to do a force shut down. The boot screen hadn't loaded, heck, it wasn't 15 seconds after turning it on he did it.
    Now when I try to turn my computer on, the power lights up, and the yellow CPU activity light(i think thats what it is) flashes a few times, then just stops. I have once managed to get it to load, in which i got to the <F12> system bios like page, then just stopped. I have no idea where the problem is, and how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

PS. I don't have my system specs ready on me right know. i'll edit them in soon.

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,942   +167

Laptop or desktop? The hard drive's boot record may be corrupt

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.