Computer won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.

lataak

I have a Dell computer that runs Windows XP. Last week, I tried to disable autorun by editing registry. But I am not experienced in registry editing. When I started up the computer, it failed to boot. Then I tried to repair it using recovery console, unfortunately it says your password is wrong and I couldn't log in. Then I tried to repair it using Windows XP CD. After installing for a while, it asks me to give a file called iamudlg.exe. I gave it that file but couldn't proceed to finish the installation. Now I have installed another XP os on D:\ (the previous one is on C:\). But I couldn't access the files on C:\Documents and settings\admin\ because of administrative password. What do you advice me? Can I finish the recovery installation? Or is there a way I can access those folders from the second OS?
Thanks!

First I attached a reg file I made that will remove the admin password all you have to do is leave it blank 1/30 will not remove the code with the file.

Attachments

• RECOVERY CONSOLE ADMIN PASSWORD HACK.zip
    544 bytes · Views: 5
Sorry, I didn't get you. What do I do with the file to crack the password?

I run the reg editing file. But it is editing the registry of the second OS (D:\) not that of C:\. I wanted to log into C:\ where most of files are. How can I hack the password on C:\ using this reg file?

open the boot.ini

Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl, and then click OK.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
3. Under System Startup, click Edit.

copy and past it here.

Sorry I was away for the time being. Here it is:
[boot loader]
timeout=1
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

change the timeout=1 from 1 to 30 then save and rebooot it should give you an option to load either one try the top if that is not the one try the bottom one.

The problem is that the second OS is on half installation point(recovery installation). so it can't start. Hence I can't try it. Now what I found out is that I deleted a system file called ntdetect.com last when I was removing viruses amnually. It is not registry problem. I have to find a way to finish the installation or crack the OS on C:\ from the second OS found on D:\.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back