Computer won't start

By Komodotravis
Jun 14, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. My Laptop wont start. I have a gateway laptop. Windows 7. It wont boot it keeps going to the blackscreen and it says disk error occurred Pre control alt delete to restart...I did and it says the same thing it just keeps going to the black screen. I cant go to safe mode or anything. What do I do.
  2. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,323   +95

Sounds like windows crashed or your hardrive did. Do you have a restore disk. If so I would give that a try. If that don't work. It is more or less your hardrive.
  3. Komodotravis

Komodotravis Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Its a mini gateway computer and no I dont have a restore disk =(
  4. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,323   +95

If you have the make and model see if you can check Gateway web site. To see if the is a certain key to hit . Like F11 or F10 .To see if you can set it In to restore mode. Being in will not let you into F8 key. For safe mode. Plus try posting your make and model and os here . This way someone here may be able to help you. I am not to familer with gateways computers. So I am not to sure how to access their recovery partions. I have no doubt they have one . If your laptop is new enough.
  5. mike1959

mike1959 TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,033   +15

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.