Computer Won't Stay In Sleep Mode

By Medic-5150
Jul 13, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey,

I've got a brand new (4 days old) Intel DQ35j0 MB and it won't stay in sleep. It will for about three minutes then it "wakes" up again. I tried unplugging the mouse and keyboard thinking maybe either one was sending a signal and causing it but no luck. Also, I need to update the BIOS. Is there anyway to do that without a floppy disk?

Thanks
  2. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Why do you "Need" to update the BIOS. Usually, you want to leave the BIOS alone unless you know of a solid reason to update it. Updating the BIOS is a risky procedure that can sometimes destroy a computer, unless you have experience.
    Usually, you can fix the sleep issue by changing your settings in the control panel, or updating the driver.
  3. Medic-5150

Medic-5150 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 56

Thanks. I don't need tup update the BIOS, it seems to be working fine. It's from March of 2007...I brought it up because when I was reading the reviews on the MB when i bought it from NewEgg everyone said they had to update the BIOS.

Thanks for your response
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.